SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MUSIC



We are busily planning our contribution to the First Ever Melbourne Music Week.



Music plays a huge part of our business. Over the years we have received many compliments for top tracks we have played for our customers. There are tracks that pretty much guarantee safe, fun times in the shop.

Time is Tight by Booker T + the MGs
Rap Snitch Knishes by MF Doom
Candy Sprinkles by Rafter
Little Dreamer by Future Islands
Sloop John B by the Beach Boys
Come on! Feel Illinoise! by Sufjan Stevens.


Sometimes, however, you just have to play music to amuse yourself. Whenever, my sales assistants leave the shop I like to play over the top tracks such as the soundtrack to TRON or t.A.T.u tracks (in Russian). I find this creates psychological space which is very calming.

On Getting Mix CDs
Getting a mix CD-R is such a personal gift. Sometimes it can feel overwhelming to think the person who made it for you chose all those tracks for you. And of course making a mix cd for someone is an even bigger deal. I gave a mix CD to someone once, who instead of saying 'thank you', said 'I've heard most of these songs'.  It wasn't just tracks that got burnt that day.

More poignantly, I recently received a mix CD from someone that I can't listen to. I just carry it around in my anorak pocket like some tragic amulet. Maybe I'll make some who works for me listen to it and tell what they felt, what is on there.

MIX CD-R HIERARCHY OF DRAMA

LEVEL OF DRAMA
Mix CD-R 6
Mix CD-R with track listing 8
Mix CD-R with track listing and hand made cover art 9
Email with MEGAUPLOAD or similar media file sharing URL of uploaded album 2
USB stick with data music dump 4
CD-R with songs written for you 10


For the exhibition I am planning a very dramatic headpiece inspired by CEO's 'white magic'. Get ready for some witchy crystal beauty.

No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed