SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Friday, June 03, 2011

JUNK

Vintage shopping is infinitely better in the USA than Australia. There is just more stuff.

As one of Melbourne's foremost vintage shoppers I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of goods at the Junk Shop in Williamsburg. There were genuine bargains to be found. And the service was top notch. Americans are better at customer service because of their tipping culture. I also think they are just friendlier and less uptight.

Check out this super sweet 'Sky Lab' commemorative bottle I found. It cost $3.75USD (At the current exchange rate about $2AUD).  In Melbourne it would cost, like, $600AUD.

197 N 9th St
(between Driggs Ave & Bedford Ave)
BrooklynNY 11211
Neighborhood: Williamsburg - North Side

No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed