SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Thursday, May 19, 2011

AUSTIN

I can see why all the lo fi kids in Melbourne love Austin so much. It's so understated it's like it doesn't exist.

Found this stunningly beautiful shop called Uncommon Objects in South Congress. As one of Australia's foremost experts in vintage shopping I can say that this is one of the best shops I've ever been to. More museum than shop it has been carefully curated into rich, lovely displays. Some of the merchandise is a bit creepy - daguerrotypes of dead families, anything with human hair, religious tracts - it all made for an interesting retail exerience.

Everything in Austin is super cheap so I kinda went nuts in there. So many owl related objects to drag back to Melbourne.



I got this handmade cellulose rabbit brooch for $55USD.

Lawyer's cabinet...I really wanted that but how the f*** would I get it back to Melbourne?

No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed