SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Monday, March 28, 2011

JAPAN

I never
travelled
as an adult until the end of 2009 and my very first destination
was Tokyo.


I absolutely loved it and despite having travelled much further since then Japan is still my number one travel destination.


The clothing there is unbelievable.




























Fashion in Melbourne seems pretentious yet pedestrian after spending time in Japan. In Tokyo everyone is so keenly groomed. I felt like the dirtiest person in the whole city. 

Beyond fashion, all the Japanese people I met there were so lovely. It seems incredible that such a densely populated country can operate so harmoniously. I couldn't believe people didn't lock up there bikes in Tokyo.


This story broke my heart a little.
I have donated a solid silver brain locket to the SOS Japan Charity Auction, that has been set up to assist with the recent earthquake and tsunami there. All money raised from the SOS Japan charity auction goes to the the Red Cross Japan and Pacific Disaster Appeal.

You can bid on this locket and other choice items by designers such as Romance is Born, Joshua Hall, Gala Curios, Henry Roth, Elke Kramer, Does Not Equal, amongst others.


There are some really inspiring pieces being offered at great prices and it is for a very worthy cause so please take the time to have a look.


Thanks.



No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed