SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DINER



Went to Diner in Williamsburg. I loved it! It's a sweet cafe built inside an old traincar. We got to sit in the cosiest wooden booth - I love sitting in booths, it feels like you are in your own little cubby house. It was in downtown Williamsburg so it was basically like swimming in a sea of flannel shirts. Not even the sulky service from the sub-hipster ginger waiter could dampen my experience. He desultorily ran through the specials and then looked peeved when I zoned out. I mean the whole schtick of him writing down the specials on the butcher's paper table cloth seemd a bit arbitrary when I couldn't make sense of whatever it was he had scribbled there. He wasn't even a cute ginger.

I ended up getting fish soup - which was just piles of fresh, high quality seafood served in broth. That's pretty much ground zero for me in terms of food. It wasn't very filling but I hate feeling bloated after a meal anyway.

Diner, Williamsburg NY: Two thumbs up.

No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed