SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Friday, November 20, 2009

DAUL

Like everyone else I have been reading i like to fork myself by model and painter Daul Kim. Of course everything she wrote becomes so much more interesting (yes in a morbid way) because it is recontextualised by her suicide. It's kinda weird the last thing she posted was an embedded youtube clip of Jim River's 'i go deep' (original house mix).

I am kinda addicted to the story she posted about bokko dancing in Korea. Apparently it is advisable to wear Armani or A/X while performing these 'architectural' movements.



Like so much of her blog this clip is fascinating because it so uniquely Korean. Daul was so fiercely proud/ashamed/aware of being Korean. The stories of her being cyber-bullied by Korean haters and Korean bloggers who felt she was a bad representative of their culture strike hard. I, too, experienced some inane cyber-bullying earlier this year by a chinless, *********, ********* *********** designer who will remain nameless, so Daul's stories about this topic resonated with me.

CLICK HERE FOR REST OF STORY

2 comments:

davemartin7777 said...

Her blog has been set to private, which is a shame because it was such an interesting read.

She was a talented and very bright person... she could have been a doctor or artist, she had so many possibilities, how very, very sad.

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKRS said...

Her blog was so honest, open and just straight out funny.

I read the whole thing twice. I loved it how she was obsessed with 90s fashion and music - her uploads were choice.

Most of all I liked her spacey, blogging voice - would love to be able to read more of that poetry again

;o(

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed