SEARCH CORKYSAINTCLAIR BLOG

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

FOOD

























Mmm yummy spicy lamb boreks. The food here is amazing and great value.

My (vegan) favourites:
1. Broad Bean salad with Giant Cous Cous. ($5.00 AU) I am not sure what the green sauce on the beans is. The lady told me she didn't know (yeh right). I think it might be Olive Oil and tahini? Its a mind blowing mixture of textures, colours and tasty goodness.
2. Zucchini rolls ($2.50AU) - mücver (zucchini pancakes) served with tabouleh and red cabbage.
3. Cabbage rolls. ($2.00 AU) The gelatinous cabbage leaves are stuffed with garlicky tomato rice.


Turkish shop at the Queen Victoria Market.
Queen Victoria Market
Elizabeth St (cnr Victoria) Melbourne 3000
(03) 9320 5822
www.qvm.com.au/

No comments:

Subscribe

Subscribe

BIO

My photo
I like rainbows, crystals, coloured pencils, swimming, manifesting, visualising, poetry, going out for breakfast, graphic novels, air conditioning, miniature anything, clothing made from synthetic fabrics, travelling, travelling, staying in nice hotels, headphones, husbears + soft hands. I don't like people who make me feel tired.

Corky's Fan Box

Corky on Facebook

ARCHIVE

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed